Top 10 List for September 2015
An alphabetical listing of significant reports and testimonies issued in September 2015.
1. American Red Cross: Disaster Assistance Would Benefit from Oversight through Regular Federal Evaluation
GAO-15-565: Published: Sep 9, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 16, 2015.
2. Federal Aviation Administration: Commercial Space Launch Industry Developments Present Multiple Challenges
GAO-15-706: Published: Aug 25, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 21, 2015.
3. Federal Student Loans: Education Could Do More to Help Ensure Borrowers Are Aware of Repayment and Forgiveness Options
GAO-15-663: Published: Aug 25, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 17, 2015.
4. Information Technology Reform: Billions of Dollars in Savings Have Been Realized, but Agencies Need to Complete Reinvestment Plans
GAO-15-617: Published: Sep 15, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 15, 2015.
5. IRS Case Selection: Automated Collection System Lacks Key Internal Controls Needed to Ensure the Program Fulfills Its Mission
GAO-15-744: Published: Sep 10, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 10, 2015.
6. Military Personnel: Additional Steps Are Needed to Strengthen DOD's Oversight of Ethics and Professionalism Issues
GAO-15-711: Published: Sep 3, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 3, 2015.
7. Positive Train Control: Additional Oversight Needed As Most Railroads Do Not Expect to Meet 2015 Implementation Deadline
GAO-15-739: Published: Sep 4, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 16, 2015.
8. State Health Insurance Marketplaces: CMS Should Improve Oversight of State Information Technology Projects
GAO-15-527: Published: Sep 16, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 16, 2015.
9. Technology Assessment: Water in the Energy Sector: Reducing Freshwater Use in Hydraulic Fracturing and Thermoelectric Power Plant Cooling
GAO-15-545: Published: Aug 7, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 8, 2015.
10. Wildland Fire Management: Agencies Have Made Several Key Changes but Could Benefit from More Information about Effectiveness[back to top]
GAO-15-772: Published: Sep 16, 2015. Publicly Released: Sep 16, 2015.