Fiscal Year 2007 Financial Report of the United States Government
The Secretary of the Treasury, in coordination with the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), is required annually to submit financial statements for the U.S. government to the President and the Congress. GAO is required to audit these statements.
The Federal Government's Financial Health: A Citizen’s Guide
This year, the Department of the Treasury issued a citizen’s guide that highlights important information in the FY 2007 Financial Report of the United States Government. David M. Walker, the Comptroller General of the United States and the head of the GAO, along with Jim Nussle, the Director of the OMB, and Henry M. Paulson, Jr., the Secretary of the Treasury, believe the information in this guide is important to all Americans.
Complete Financial Report
The FY 2007 Financial Report of the United States Government (Financial Report) published by the Department of the Treasury includes GAO's report on the accompanying U.S. government consolidated financial statements for the fiscal years ended September 30, 2007 and 2006, and the associated reports on internal control and compliance with significant laws and regulations.
Complete FY 2007 Financial Report (PDF, 186 pages)
- Table of Contents (PDF, 4 pages)
- A Message from the Secretary of the Treasury (PDF, 2 pages)
- The Nation by the Numbers (PDF, 10 pages)
- Management's Discussion and Analysis (PDF, 18 pages)
- Statement of the Comptroller General of the United States (PDF, 4 pages)
- Financial Statements (PDF, 14 pages)
- Notes to the Financial Statements (PDF, 62 pages)
- Supplemental Information (PDF, 40 pages)
- Stewardship Information (PDF, 4 pages)
- Appendix (PDF, 4 pages)
- GAO Auditor's Report (PDF, 24 pages)
Related GAO Publications
- GAO-08-748 Financial Audit: Financial Audit: Material Weaknesses in Internal Control over the Processes Used to Prepare the Consolidated Financial Statements of the U.S. Government
- GAO-08-748, June 18, 2008
- Summary (HTML) Highlights Page (PDF) Full Report (PDF)
- Understanding the Primary Components of the Annual Financial Report of the United States Government
- GAO-05-958SP September 1, 2005
- Summary (HTML) Full Report (PDF, 28 Pages)
- Understanding Similarities and Differences Between Accrual and Cash Deficits
- GAO-07-117SP, December 1, 2006
- Summary (HTML) Full Report (PDF, 42 pages)
- Understanding Similarities and Differences between Accrual and Cash Deficits:Update for Fiscal Year 2007 Note: updates selected information in Understanding Similarities and Differences between Accrual and Cash Deficits (GAO-07-117SP) and should be read in conjunction with that document.
- GAO-08-410SP January 31, 2008
- Summary (HTML) Full Report (PDF, 4 pages) Accessible Text