Submitting a Speech Request
Gene L. Dodaro is Comptroller General of the United
States and head of the GAO.
Read Mr. Dodaro’s biography.
To request a speech by Mr. Dodaro, or his designee, use this page.
Many people and groups ask GAO to provide a speaker. Because of the Comptroller General’s busy schedule, we can only accept a fraction of these requests. Please keep the following points in mind before submitting your request:
- We would prefer to receive all speech requests at least 6 months in advance of your event.
- Keynote addresses are preferred. Panel requests will be accommodated only under certain circumstances (e.g., if other panelists are of commensurate rank).
- Since government travel dollars are limited, we must try to combine speaking engagements with other business activities before committing to events outside the Washington, D.C., area.
- In most cases, requests from national groups with a minimum audience level of 100 are preferred, especially for events outside of the D.C. area.
- In order to protect the speaker’s and the agency’s independence, travel reimbursements cannot be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Comptroller General's office at (202) 512-5500.