Ordering GAO Publications
On October 1, 2008, GAO began charging for printed copies of its publications. Most GAO products and publications are available free of charge on the Internet. Charges for printed copies cover the cost of printing, shipping, and handling.
Printed copies of the Government Auditing Standards (The Yellow Book) and the Principles of Federal Appropriations Law (The Red Book) are only available from the U.S. Government Bookstore at the Government Printing Office.
The price for a publication depends on:
- the total number of pages
- GAO's actual cost of production and distribution, including shipping and handling
Ordering InformationWe'll help you decide what best meets your needs. Call us, Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m., eastern time:
- (202) 512-6000
- (866) 801-7077 (toll free)
- (202) 512-2537 (TDD)
Be prepared to tell us whatever you can, including:
- GAO publication number for each item (Examples: GAO-08-654; NSIAD-00-211, GAO-03-1022T, B-293991.001)
- Title and date of issue (if available)
- Number of copies
- Your name and mailing address
Pay by American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, Visa, check, or money order.
Your order should arrive 10-14 days after we receive the order and payment.